Mezze Maniche with Mushroom Cream Sauce

Since I had some left over mushroom sauce from yesterday's dish, today I made some pasta.

I heard from other bloggers about the Garofalo pasta brand, in NZ I could only find it in one shop, and it was too expensive even to consider, so I thought that I should try it while I am in Italy. I choose mezze maniche for this dish.



Mezze maniche with mushrooms

I cooked the mezze maniche al dente. In the meantime I warmed up the pan with the left-over mushrooms and added 250 ml of cream. Then I added some freshly chopped Italian parsley and some freshly ground pepper. I drained the mezze maniche and passed them in the pan with the mushroom and cream sauce. They tasted great!


Photos by Alessandra Zecchini©

Comments

  1. I love a fresh cream sauce with pepper, and the addition of mushrooms is a great idea! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! This pasta dish with mushroom sure looks delicious...so creamy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy! And so, what's your opinion of Garofalo pasta?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So far positive, Yari, certainly seems to need more salt, it is 'crunchier' and I guess it would be perfect for distracted cooks who answer the telephone when it is time to drain the pasta (thus overcooking it - this pasta is difficult to overcook!!!), and the cooking water is a tasty starchy water good to add to sauces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get busy, so sorry it took me a while to get over here, but you just slammed me with your gorgeous food! I love that new post, and the next one with past, oh yum! I am glad my fiddlehead fern post brought tears to someone eyes, as I love to play with foods that most have not tried yet.

    Look forward to following you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pasta looks great with the creamy sauce. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment