Brandy Snaps Cannoli







Instead of filling Brandy snaps with cream, I like to fill them with ricotta, like the Sicilian Cannoli. Today I chopped a few pieces of candied fruit (green melon and papaya, because I didn't have any candied citrus fruit) and mixed it with ricotta. I also added 1 tsp of vanilla icing sugar (icing sugar kept in a tin with a vanilla pod) and then I wanted to add 1 tbsp of orange blossom water, but it was out of date, so I added rose water instead. I will use the old orange blossom water for my bath (why through it away when you can have a sweet smelling bath!). I thinned down the ricotta with a little milk until it was soft, and piped it inside the Brandy snaps. But you don't have to stick to this recipe: add what you like, for example chopped dark chocolate, ground pistachio nuts, a little cinnamon... anything that sounds Mediterranean! I hope that you will like the idea!


Photos and Recipes by Alessandra Zecchini ©

Comments

  1. Sembrano buonissimi!Un bacione,carina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your style and you are so sweet! follow each other?:X

    FashionSpot.ro

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment